Wednesday 30 October 2013

sneak peek this week's blouse

I started sewing this on Saturday, but haven't got very far. Today I parcelled up my piece for the Water, Water exhibition and drove to Henley to deliver it...taking a detour because I didn't know Sonning bridge was closed. But it is safely there.

Anyway, here is a peek at the blouse in progress.
It is actually a bit more bluey turquoise than the sea green colour here.

I bought the fabric when the Offcuts sewing group had an outing to Goldhawk Road shops earlier in the year. It is gorgeous! Just the thing I would have loved to dye myself if I could. and the hand is so very soft. I wouldn't be surprised if it had some rayon, but then again it might just be a similar thin cotton to that which was in the skirt I recently refashioned into a blouse.

I hope to make quite a bit more progress with it tomorrow.

No comments: