Tuesday 22 October 2013

Sneak peek blouse for this week

This was the blouse that took me ages to get the layout because I was trying to cut a princess line blouse from around 1 yard of fabric. It meant I couldn't add as much length as I have realised I prefer. But at the end of the day, that has made me think of outside the box ways to make it work.

A hard to match colour, but I found some purple in the market a couple months ago that would tone with both the dark and light shade of the print.

I just need to attach the sleeves and stitch buttonholes and buttons and it will be done. I don't usually leave sleeves to last, but I wanted to see how they would look with the rest of the blouse and the addition of the purple contrast. Would they need some, too? and how would I introduce it if I did.

I should have it done tomorrow, but will probably post it on Thursday.
I have always liked unique print for blouse fabric, so now I can start getting some into the wardrobe! I bought this somewhere like 4 or 5 years ago! I have some fabric similar but another colour way, so as soon as I have caught up on some of these other cut out and half made things, I can start it. I bought more of it, so there won't be so much problems with thinking how to make it work.

No comments: