Wednesday 22 August 2012

Purchased at FOQ -1

In trying to make the journal quilts for July and August - which still need to be yellow - I discovered I had 3 pieces of yellow. none of which were the yellow I wanted for the next plan. None of which were more than about A4 to start with.

So, I needed to get some yellow in!
Do you realise you can hardly get yellow? Like the bag I made the other day, they seem to only want to pair it with another colour like pink. or orange. or grey. how dull to do yellow and grey!

Anyway, I did manage to get a bit here and there at various stands.
the little pieces at the bottom are the 2 bits I had left in my stash, along with the one I printed with lemons and baked!

I seemed to have turquoise in my head while there also. I wore several variations of it over the days. and I found the Fair Trade stand (couldn't find it last year when I was looking for more of a specific stripe I had bought the previous year). So I came home with more turquoise!
I have a nugget of an idea of what I am going to do with this, but it is still a bit illusive.

I am off to York again tomorrow because my Mother in Law is back in hospital and not too well.

I will set up 2 more posts with fabric purchases to publish while I am away. I hope they work!

No comments: