Tuesday 22 March 2011

summery dress continued with wintery

So, here is a look at the point these two dresses have got to.

Remembering that the whole point is the secret project, these have gone up on the cupboard. They were wearable toiles. although the blue one looks a bit frumpy on the hanger, again, it looks better on me and will be even better when I do something interesting to it when finishing it off.

and here are the fabrics for Secret Project no. 1.
I had a turquoise lining fabric, but it really was a bit blue for this. okay, I know in the dress it won't be seen, but in the jacket it will. This lining goes very well with both of these colours.
Don't you love the zing of these dupion silks from The Silk Route?

I have an idea for even more zing, but I will keep it to myself for now.

No comments: