Monday 18 May 2015

New Ramshackle -1

I started a new Ramshackle for the SAQA Benefit Auction. I might just get it there if I can post it before the end of the week.
At this point the jury is out for a name. I drew the design a couple months ago at the Offcuts meeting, but then other things got in the way. I am also not convinced on the fabric choice. So, something might be done about that.

*********
But I am pacing. I re-read the papers and realised it is doing standing for just long enough before you get to too much. Then sitting for just long enough before you get to too much. Then (for me at this point) sitting in a different chair position or walking round the kitchen doing things for the few minutes it take to make a cup of tea, etc. I am still working out how long is long enough. But the theory (proven theory) is that when you aren't pushing on to the over-do point, then you will eventually increase the amount you can do.

So, we will see. Especially as this time it is still a bit of 'having done way too much the past few weeks' (months?), there is need for some recouping time/energy, too.

2 comments:

365 Dresses said...

I just love these ramshackle houses! Delightful. It is very difficult for me to move enough during the day, too. Keep up the effort and inspiration.

Maggi said...

I love this series and hope you manage to find the 'not too much' to get it finished in time.