Other fabric problems...
The top fabric was one I picked up at the Festival of Quilts when I was trying to decide on a replacement for the fabric I used in the very first pieces. (I could no longer obtain any of it.)
However, though it feels firm, I think it is mostly the fabric finish. In reality, it is a pretty loose weave compared to most of the fabrics I have been using.
So, that means a bit of difficulty with the cutting out, especially on the little houses.
So, I decided to avoid cutting windows on the thinnest houses.
But they didn't fit in with the rest. The windows help with the 'character'. The eyes, if you will.
So, I tried out some markers on scraps and then drew in windows!
It worked well enough to go to some of the other windows and give them a bit more definition where the loose weave had distorted with the cutting.