Saturday 14 June 2014

D for Dragons - 'pen flourishes'

I made really good progress today. Headphones on and listening to the Cricket.

I am even to the stage of stitching the binding! It is stitched on, but needs hand stitching to the back. But I am shattered.

Anyway, the 'pen flourishes' (what the twiddley decorations to the side of an illuminated letter are called) turned out great. Even after I delayed and caught up with the ironing before I got brave enough to start. Of course my pen flourishes are free machined decoration...and since it is about dragons, it is a sort of twinning vine of flames.

So, the binding should be sorted tomorrow watching telly. Phew! Now I need to get back to the garment for Fashion Sans Frontieres and start a letter B for Stretching Art. This is when I wonder why I open my mouth about doing so much!

No comments: