Sunday 8 June 2014

"And the Bead Goes On and on..." 1-7 June

2014 - Week 23 Daily Beads

Fabric packets - 1 1/2in squares of fabric folded so the raw edges don't show.

I really like the combination of green and pink, so that will be my twist on the red and green complimentary colours. (I may still do red and green near Christmas, but perhaps not!)I decided on green for the fabric. but I needed to avoid a solid colour; because it means I end up very bored of it by the end of the month. I also needed to avoid a fabric with a very tight weave; because it is very hard to sew through several layers with a thin beading needle.

So, a rummage through my small pieces of fabric box came up with these from some pieces a friend gave me. They were little bundles of fabrics in graded colours.


I didn't want to go too yellow, and yet the one at the back looks a bit too blue. I already had decided to use a plain bright green for a few because this range went so quickly from yellow to blue.

Another look produced a better range.
The mottled green/yellow may be a bit tight for stitching, but I can manage it for one week.
So, the 4 mottled fabrics will be used one a week (28 days) and the bright green plain will be for the last 2 days. I have chosen 2 constant beads and 7 different beads to cycle through the days. It will be interesting to see how they work with the different shades of green.

Here is one for trial.

I wanted to try a different method for stitching the beads on the sides - sort of slipping the needle along the fold to have the bead lay parallel to the edge. But I think I prefer the way I did it before - sort of a whip stitch which means most of the beads are on the diagonal.

So, enough blather.

no.152


no.153


no.154


no.155


no.156


no.157


no.158


Okay, I need to work out which glasses help me with the focus on these! But you get the idea.



1 comment:

Judith said...

The pink beads are a lovely pop of colour against the green ~ they all look great to me ... J