Tuesday 25 March 2014

Embroidered Cotton Lawn

Last year when I went with the Offcuts sewing group to Goldhawk road, I found some lovely embroidered cotton lawn.

So, that is what I am working with this week. I will be making a fitted blouse which I hope to enter into the advanced category of the Fitted Blouse Contest at Pattern Review. You can read the rules here.

I have got it to the place where the darts are sewn and the sides and shoulders machine tacked so I can check the fit in the morning.

It isn't really about the competition so much as using as a motivation to get sewing on blouses again. As you might have guessed, I'd rather just sew another skirt! But you do need to have some blouses, too. This colour will go with my various blue skirts, and even a brown one I have. But it will also go with jeans as well.

I am going to try to do a subtle interest feature with the collar, cuffs and button stand, but hold that thought for now while I try to make sure I have a good fit. Not soo easy to do on your own. Usually I don't work so hard for extreme fit preferring a bit of ease for comfort, but these ladies at Pattern Review make a science of it! So although I know what I am doing, I do feel a bit intimidated.


**********
By the way, you should check out the garments the ladies made who were in the New-to-me pattern contest I was managing during the past month or so. The gallery can be accessed by this link.

1 comment:

Karen said...

I love this fabric....
http://karenannruane.typepad.com/karen_ruane/