Sunday 9 March 2014

"And the Bead Goes On and on..." 1-8 March

2014 - Week 10 Daily Beads

As I said, I am putting the 1st of March in with this week's beads. It usually takes me a day or so to work out the best technique for doing the next type of bead project.

I started with these bone beads I bought at a quilt show in France in 2006!


Here are a few of the development steps.
I liked the idea of loops. (They look like centipedes with headphones...or not!)


I tried it with loops around the end as well, but it goes too flat with that number of bead and would need adjusting for each bone bead because they are varying thicknesses.


The hardest part is trying to start whilst arranging a way to hide the starting and finishing knots. I won't go into it here, but eventually I found a way to do it that works fairly well.

So, here we are.

no.60


no.61


no.62


no.63


no.64


no.65


no.66


no.67


As you can see, I am using the flat beads from South America which I also used on the bark cloth. So, I am using a variety of browns and greens.

1 comment:

Linda M said...

Those are very interesting, very clever use of the bone beads.