Saturday 28 April 2012

another skirt

I layed out this skirt pattern at the TV Offcuts meeting in February, but didn't have time to cut it out or sew it up. But at last I had a few moments so have been making it up. Hopefully I will get the waistband and perhaps the hem handstitched at today's meeting.

I love the fabric. It is a light weight wool with a silver thread woven through making a plaid pattern. It just gives it a bit more elegance.

I am using a navy blue microfibre fabric for a lining. It feels luxurious. I possibly could make something else from it, but it is a bit too dark of a colour for me. It will keep the light weight wool from 'seating' or sagging at the seat.

It has still been a bit chilly around here with all the rain. But that means I can still wear it, rather than waiting til the autumn.

No comments: