Sunday 21 August 2011

Meant to be a workshop

During Reading Arts Week at the end of June, I was meant to do a fabric painting workshop at Battle Library. But I think the weather and several other factors like teacher strikes meant no one came. Oh well. I got some interesting photos in the area near the library.
Battle Library - a listed building which was recently renovated and reopened in June 2009. There are two interesting quotes carved into the pavement in front of the building. these are both carved and set in a curve. Not so easy to photograph, but I have cropped the phrases and placed them one on top of the other.

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." - Sir Isaac Newton

"My pen is my harp and my lyre; my library is my garden and my orchard.” - Judah Ha-Levi (Spanish Jewish physician, poet and philosopher)


The site of the old Battle Hospital

making way for new houses. Love the image on the hoardings! It makes you do a double-take.

No comments: