Friday 5 October 2018

Ramshackle Ideas 10

So, the next step...
The desert section.

I decided to put a break between top and bottom...a place for the sort of refugee camps where people fled from the IS extremist militant group. Seeing images of the endless rows of tents, side by side off into the distance, really moved me.
At the top is the refugee camp. I may want to add more, but I need to see how the bottom part looks first.
I am working on the houses, but I have been doing 'adventures'.

I went to London last night with 2 friends to the Anniversary celebration of an organisation called Release International. They are one of the groups we support who help Christians who are persecuted, imprisoned and attacked for what they believe.
They help to support the ones who have had to flee extremist groups and are either internally displaced or have fled to other countries.
Our church helped to buy tents through one of those organisations when the thousands began to flee IS.

So, anyway, the meeting was very challenging. One church leader from Nigeria spoke about what was happening there. He has had a gun to his head before. Last Sunday, their church was attacked...the day before he came to the UK. When he gets back this weekend, they have to work out where they will meet even this week.
Not sure if you readers go to church, but just imagine if you were in a meeting and suddenly you all were attacked. All your equipment and things you need for the group are broken up and thrown outside or looted. You fear for your life.   Or perhaps you have to have guards because there are suicide bombers trying to blow the place up. Taking advantage of the openness of your meeting - anyone is welcome to go to church - to destroy people.

Anyway! this is one of the reasons I feel passionate about trying to tell some of these stories with my work.
Also why I went beyond my physical capability to trek into London and get back after midnight! Today has been rough, but actually I am blessed. I don't have to worry about being beaten and chucked in prison. 😱 It gives you a different perspective!

No comments: