Thursday 25 October 2018

I like Thankful Thursday

So, here I am post-op

now I am recovered/recovering... wearing sewing glasses with one glass removed! for sewing it isn't so great, but reading and computer, not so bad. And for long distance - my long distance glasses with the right glass taken out. Although the eye is not yet at full strength, it is so much better than before the op it is amazing.
The surgeon wants to do the other because of my shortsightedness and a 'mild' cataract. So, when I see her in Dec, we will find out how and when. I do know the difference between the 2 eyes is like seeing with the brilliance of LED lights and seeing with incandescent lights. One has a blueish hue and the other is definitely yellow.
I am doing a lot of winking type of activity!

I like having a go. Here is an experiment I am trying.

seeing if I can grow an avocado plant. I know they don't produce avocados when they are houseplants, but I'm seeing if it will make a new houseplant!

I like random things. When I went to London with my friends, we had a bite to eat at this cafe. Not the greatest, but it has good food and will change your order (brioche instead of bun, etc).
Love, Love the name! and also the phrase on the menu!

I like seeing patterns when I am out and about. I took this photo because I saw a face in the knot in the tree.

But when I looked at the photo, I also saw a doggie waiting to go walkies!

I like WhatsApp.  Now my sisters and I can send random messages and photos and it doesn't cost.
This from one sister
and even a photo of a squirrel's hoard in the outhouse at their camp!


Right, now I need to get on with that Ramshackle project. I have been posting process photos during the week.

Go have a look at LeeAnna's blog where she has links to 'likes' others have posted.

7 comments:

PaintedThread said...

Huzzah for eye recovery. LOL at the cafe.

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Sandy! I'm glad the surgery was a success. I imagine you're not all that anxious to have the second eye done but I know it will be worth the time, effort, pain and inconvenience. ~smile~ Roseanne

Suzanne said...

Take it slow and heal completely!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Glad your eye is healing and you are slowly getting back to the things you love! The restaurant menu/name is so cute!

LA Paylor said...

you look beautiful!!! I like that shot... it's one of hope and health! So glad it's going well and you're coping, wink wink. I've grown many an avocado this way, being from Florida. They all make lovely trees but I believe my step father said they need two trees to make fruit. He called them the male and female. Mine never made fruit inside but they grew well.

Shannon said...

I'm so glad you're seeing better! So awesome! But it must be a bit strange to have one view sort of bluish and one sort of yellowish. Your sister's squirrel cache is cute- I love wildlife, unfortunately I've just had some of the burrowing kind tunneling in my yard which I like a little less....

Michele McLaughlin said...

What a relief that your eye is healing well! Make sure you take it easy! So love your face in the tree :) !!!!