Thursday 4 October 2018

I like Thankful Thursday

I like measurable achievements...
all the mountain houses, plus a few extra that it needed, are cut out. Now they also have been fused. (not shown) I am working on the next section.

I like chickadees. So this was a wonderful gift my Mom sent recently.

According to my bird book, they are quite like coal tits over here, but I have not seen one. I think they are my favourite bird...but, then there are robins and blackbirds and ...

I like trees!
These trees were in the car park of the community centre. On Saturday we had our sewing group. I had to stop to take a photo!

And I like walking in the woods.
We went to a nearby park with the friends from church, including a few of our dogs. Lily Hill Park. The park used to be part of the grounds for a mansion which is now offices.
They do a lot with the fallen trees including the longest picnic table in England.

picnic photos from a few years ago.


So we had our picnic. and then went on the walk.
I love the patterns you can see on trees.
twisted
the little bit of limb left looks like a water tap you can turn on!
The bark is amazing.
     
This clearing was a fun place.

a portal

in the distance - steps cut into a tree stump.

So a lovely weekend! Holly, is usually a grump with other dogs. Our friends have a puppy, Charlie, who is about 8 mo. old. We didn't know if she would snarl at him or what, but she decided he was a good friend! phew! It was so fun to see her playing with him. It would have been good to let them both off the lead to play, but he hasn't learned not to run off yet. (Sorry, I didn't get a photo.) The other dog, Lily, is quite old. Holly only grouched her when she though Lily was going to come get our sausages. Sausages is her Favourite! After the picnic, she had no problem with her.

5 comments:

LA Paylor said...

Oh my dog... Holly is like many humans fighting over perceived resources. Good she had fun with the pup, she needs play like we all do. I loved this post, especially because I have an affinity for trees and the energy they hold. I like park personnel that use fallen trees and the steps cut in are so cool! The glen looked very inviting...and the portal peaks my imagination

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Sandy! That tree in your car park is just gorgeous. I just love this time of year and all the pretty colors. Those tree trunks are just fascinating - I wonder what the story is behind the twisted bark. Happy Thursday to you! ~smile~ Roseanne

Suzanne said...

What a lovely day...the tree bark is amazing!

PaintedThread said...

Looks like a fun place. I like seeing birds from your neck of the wood. Your robin is prettier than ours. And yes, chickadees look very similar to coal tits. They must have had a common ancestor at some point.

Shannon said...

All those trees and tree bark shots are so cool! What a fun variety. Sorry Holly is grumpy, but it sounds good that she decided to like Charlie. My Bentley is like that- just sort of hit or miss with other dogs. Blue is friendly to everyone, but is so big and strong and enthusiastic I'm always nervous when he plays- I worry that someone else will get trampled....