Thursday 18 October 2018

I like Thankful Thursday

On Monday, I had a cataract surgery on my right eye. 😵Depending the result, I will update this to let you know how I am! I need to give it a few days rest, so I am setting this up to post without me.

I like K+S! Last Thursday I went to the Knitting and Stitching Show with my friend. I did take a lot of photos, but many of them weren't intended to go on the Internet.

However, I always like to see what the fashion students at Kings Ely have made. Quite a bit of theatre about them, but interesting anyway.
Sometimes you can just see what technique they were focusing on or what unit of study.
But most of them have a good grasp of how to make something work 3D - which is really what garments are because they have to go round the 3D moving shape which is the body.

And here is a detail of the work of Natalya Aikens that was in the SAQA Gallery "Concrete and Grasslands". I really like her work!
Natalya works a lot with repurposed materials, often plastics built up and stitched with images of New York buildings or bridges, but this piece is one from her St. Petersburg series that repurposes old laces to make a wonderful image of one of the crumbling buildings of St. Petersburg, Russia where she was born.

and of course, when my brain is on inspiration or art alert, I like what I see with a different view.

Quick photo of these braces (or whatever) spotted through the open door on the Picadilly Line. We were on the way to the show. I like the pattern they make.

So, hopefully my eye will be rested for next week. Apologies if I am unable to post.
But either way, today or any other Thursday you can see more I likes via the links at LeeAnna's blog.

4 comments:

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Sandy! I hope when you are able to read this message that you find the eye surgery was a huge success. Wonderful pictures you have shared from the show. I imagine you found quite a bit of inspiration from attending it. ~smile~ Roseanne

LA Paylor said...

I sure hope the surgery went perfectly... I've been sending prayers and good thoughts. Unfortunately I haven't sent the actual get well card yet, lol, but there's always today to do it!

Suzanne said...

Take it slow to heal completely. The clothes are beautiful.

PaintedThread said...

Looks like a fun show! Hope your eye heals well.