Wednesday 2 November 2011

Refashion challenge - 1

panel skirt has been cut from trouser legs. and then...

...enter offcuts from a friend's quilting stash. The print seems to go with both so I have cut bias binding and sewed it on each panel just within the SA. If all goes well, it will look like each panel has a bound edge when I have sewn the seams.

On the other hand, if I wait til tomorrow, I might decide it wants to have a bit of jeans fabric added behind the butted up edges to make slot seams. Sort of leaning in that direction.

Also congitating (is that a word?) on some ideas sparked by the work of Karen Ruane which I recently was introduced to. ( yes, which...the work not the person as yet). As you may have noticed, I have added her blog link to the side bar. breathtaking actually, especially if you like stitching.

No comments: