Sunday 6 December 2009

Slow Cloth

Some time ago I told you about a slow cloth piece I started.
Now and then I work on it.

Last Monday, a few things happened at college that just meant Tuesday needed to be a day where not much brain was required. So I got out the slow cloth and stitched a bit.

I took it along to the Fundraiser on Saturday, as well, and stitched on it while I was waiting for someone to even consider buying one of my trees.

Here is a look at some of the recent progression.

It is long and thin, with lots of raw frayed edges. The top is to the left. Those bits were about all the rain and flooding! The others were done without much of a plan. Just what flowed out of the fingers. The triangular piece at bottom right in the photo even has threads drawn out to create a bit of see-through pattern. I might try more of that sometime. I am thinking about doing something interesting with the rusty patch.

I can see how it works as therapy! you can get something done even when you feel as though you don't have enough brain to get anything done.

1 comment:

jude said...

oh i like this!