Wednesday 8 May 2019

Ramshackle - But is it Safe? Finished!

On Thursday last week I completed the work I have been doing about refugees. It is in my Ramshackle series, but I am just calling it But is it Safe? Follow the link to see the processes and development.

On Friday, I was able to get the photos done so, it is about ready to wing its way into the world.

Here it is completed and the story which goes with it.


But is it Safe?
Hearing news of refugees fleeing has made me think.
It appears that refugees in Country no.1 flee to Country no.2 because they are in danger.
Meanwhile, in Country no.2, refugees flee to Country no.3 because of the dangers they have faced.
Then in Country no.3, they flee to another section of their Country,
because they have been invaded and their homes have been destroyed.
In addition, I hear that from any of these countries, refugees head to the sea hoping they can get to a different place altogether where "no one" is in danger.

So, I ask...Who will break the cycle? What can I do?


Left side detail

Right side detail

Technique: Raw-edged, fused, reverse appliqué. Separate sections bound, inner edges joined with herring bone faggoting.
Material: Cotton, fusible, wadding, rug yarn, sewing thread

No comments: