Thursday 23 May 2019

I Like Thankful Thursday

Last week as I said, was a bit busy. I sorted out the rest of the rubble of my stuff moved because of putting in the lift. And of course, did too much. This week the body says, REST, please.
This new little blue stool was very helpful!
However! I did get the pattern cut and sewn to check what changes I might have to make to use it again.
So, I like that with a bit of remnant that someone didn't want, I have a 'wearable toile'! Which means it is near enough in fit, so that if I finish it off I can wear it. and the few changes are simple enough to go ahead with making it up in fabric I have been saving.
Yes, I could do the same with my bodice block which I already know fits me. But I wanted a refresher about patterns because I was to help my friend with some of her pattern fitting issues.
The main change? I wanted to try a square neck. But this one is a bit too wide. So I will adjust that on the pattern next time.
The back could do with a bit of help in the lower back, but it is good enough for some summer tops. now to hem it and bind the armhole.

I love my baby iron! This lovely little present I showed you early in the year, was brilliant for pressing the seams open without getting the ironing board out.

and also last week my sister sent me some photos of my Mom. Good to see she is doing well! Mom is in her 80's. She had a lovely adventure for Mother's Day weekend.
She flew from Maine to my sister's in New York. From there they drove to Detroit area to my nephew's place. My sister's other son drove up from Tennessee. So she was able to see her great grandchildren she had never met, and to see her grandson's again after a very long time.
This photo was at Letchworth State Park. But they also went to Niagara Falls and to a camp where Mom had worked one summer as a young lady. Now she is back home.

I went with friends from church on a walk Sunday. So glad for the walker! Pretty shattered by the end, but it was so lovely to have time to just chat.

To see what the others like, follow the link to LeeAnna's blog.

5 comments:

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Sandy! What a cute little blue stool. Looks like just the ticket for a boost as well as a little resting place. How nice to see a photo of your mom - she looks quite spiffy for Mother's Day in her pretty skirt and matching top. Lovely background where she is posing as well. It sounds like the whole visit was very exciting for her and her peeps here in the USA. I'm glad she had safe travels without frustration. ~smile~ Roseanne

LA Paylor said...

your own little British sewing bee! I might have to make clothing again this year... I used to but quilting got me. I liked seeing a pic of you in your new shirt.
LeeAnna

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Cute stool. Love the top. Should have mama wave as she passed by my house on her way to Detroit!

PaintedThread said...

Baby iron is cute. I am terrible at modifying patterns - that's so cool that you do that. Always good to walk with a friend. :-)

Michele McLaughlin said...

I love your stool and baby iron! You are a better woman than I--I couldn't ever modify a pattern too much, I'm not that talented! Have a great week!