Friday 31 May 2019

I like Thankful Thursday

This week I like the lush flowers and plants in the garden...
This was nearly ready to post yesterday, but I was on a deadline. So it has to be today.

So excited about the little seed 'helicopters' growing on the acer by the back fence.

They are so cute! Like little bright red flowers.

I thought I better take a photo of my husband's hosta before the slugs decimate it.

and the lovely red roses on our climbing rose,


AND ...
Do you remember they mystery plant by the back door?

Well it is doing the beanstalk thing again. But the cool thing is that my friend was here and used an app on her phone about identifying plants. It is a Plume Poppy!! Well, I must say I tried to find out sometime ago and did come up with that name, but really couldn't believe it. It bears no resemblance to any poppy I have ever seen!

finally, a few detail shots of the twirls on our neighbour's passion fruit,
 
 
A bit like the phone cords we used to have in the 'old' days.

To see what the others like, follow the link to LeeAnna's blog.

2 comments:

LA Paylor said...

plume poppy? should be grand. Great shots. Love hostas! My Netherlands friend JoAnn, also a quilter, is a master gardener in love with all things hosta. Her blog is teatimegardening.
Leeanna

Mary in Peoria Handmade said...

What interesting and beautiful plants! Great photography, by the way.