Thursday 2 May 2019

I like Thankful Thursday

I like progress! Today I began to see the progress on this Ramshackle piece, "But Is It Safe?".

The Thoughtful Man has finished painting the ceiling where the plastering had been done. Also, he set my table back in order. So, I have managed to get on with the Ramshackle piece I have been working on.

All the parts have been properly bound.

And I have started stitching sections together.

Someone, some time ago gave me a little bag of what they called “rug yarn”. I think if that’s what it is, it seems more like a thread they might have used to join carpet sections.

Anyway, it is just the right thing for this. There are other colours, too. I don’t know if I will stick with this colour throughout or use another colour.


I put white paper behind the herringbone stitching so you could see it better.

I might also add another row of herringbone over the first set. Not sure yet.
and then there is something about the deadline to consider! So, I better get the side pieces joined on before I think about that!

To see what the others like, follow the link to LeeAnna's blog.

7 comments:

Suzanne said...

I like your stitching...smart to place the white paper behind for the photo.

Rosemary Dickinson said...

What an interesting piece you're working on! I'll enjoy watching your progress1

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Very pretty piece.

PaintedThread said...

What an unusual piece. I'm curious what it will look like when it's done.

LA Paylor said...

Sandy! That quilt is so cool... very good job, you!

Mary in Peoria Handmade said...

That Ramshackle piece is so cool!

Michele McLaughlin said...

Wow! What a cool piece and how clever are you to use the rug yarn! Way to go!