Thursday 11 April 2019

Thankful Thursday

oops this one nearly slipped past me. I have been trying to get some order to my studio. However, I have to wait til the ceiling where they took the plasterboard is replastered at the end of the month.
Holly waiting for something interesting to happen in the kitchen.
I just was out with Holly, which is a bit of a circus when she goes from the right to the left and gets tangled round the walker...and will not reverse. She doesn't like reversing if she has decided she has to smell something.
Anyway, I tied her to the metal fence near the shops while I picked up my subscription at the chemist. Like I have done all these years we've had her. Mind you I don't do it often because of the circus stuff I mentioned above! It is Easter holidays, so 2 boys came by with scooters as I came out of the shops. She wasn't too sure when they started coming to her because she wasn't to sure about the noise of the scooters. As I was getting there, I asked if they wanted to pet her. I was about to say to rest their scooters and come to her on their own so she wouldn't be afraid.
I had seen a police car come into the shopping car park, but thought they were just doing rounds. Next thing I know, they walked up behind me and said. "Whose dog is this?" 
'Mine!' I said. Oh. (I never did work out why they thought there was a problem.) I asked if it was alright to tie her there. (my husband ties her right in front of the grocery shop) They said it was ok. Still they seemed like they had expected something strange was going on
Anyway, they went away and the boys got to pet Holly. I don't know what that was about!
Holly back home and back to her important day job.

So, how was that an I like? Before we had gone to the shops, we went to the library. I wanted to pick up the rest of a series by Edward Marston from the local library. I got onto a different author for a bit, because I had to request these as they were held in other libraries around Bracknell. So, I am looking forward to reading them. This series is all about the Railway Detective.

That will have to be enough for today, as I need to go make dinner. We are having friends come for a meeting later this evening.

Go check out LeeAnna's blog!

3 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

It sounds like your dog loves a little adventure! Your pile of books looks wonderful - you won't run out of reading material for quite awhile!

PaintedThread said...

Ooh - a pile of books from the library. Always a joyful thing to see. :-) Looks like Holly lives the good life.

LA Paylor said...

how weird to be questioned by police. Lucky they didn't ask for paw prints. Holly is so cute. I taught all my dogs "go around" which saves me from a lot of trouble. Of course Milo the mischievous will still sometimes freak out if he's on the other side of a tree, but I just stand there til he figures out how to go around.
Gotta check out that author.