Wednesday 17 April 2019

Back to Ramshackle Ideas - 23

Light on the mountains. I will give it a press, 
but I am not going to add more stitch because it is mountains after all 
and I don't want to flatten them.

When I started having all the back spasms and eye problems last Autumn, I was working on a Ramshackle piece about refugees and displaced people. Now that I have caught up with other things, I have started back to work at it. Now all the pieces have had threads snipped, edges trimmed and squared up and the binding ready to apply.

I was closer to finishing than I realised. So, perhaps I can get it done by the end of this Bank Holiday weekend.

2 comments:

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Sandy! Doesn't it just feel great to be at the binding stage of a project from last year? That is always my favorite time, to sit and hand sewn the binding down and enjoy the piece again quietly. ~smile~ Roseanne

Suzanne said...

The houses are amazing...what is your technique?