Thursday 25 April 2019

I like Thankful Thursday

This post is of very glad things! My studio is coming back together. Slowly. But I am liking the opportunity to rethink workflow dynamics. (or something like that!!)

Yesterday I got most of the debris back to its place.
The cupboards I used to hang work on, now are to the right as you come in, rather than straight ahead. I have the sweetie jars and whatnot up on the top. One of the cupboards is now upstairs, but just now holding books that I will put on the shelf. But it will hold some of the fabric that I don't work with often...a few more containers moved to give space.
Oh, and the computer desk is not wedged in the corner. Somehow it feels bigger! And it is lighter since I don't get the glare when I open the blinds.

The big cupboard is now straight ahead. Kind of scary to see the mess reflected back to you! Maybe it will help me keep the table clear! And sort the top of the cabinet...  The sewing machine is waiting for a clear out on the other end of the table. But I can access it at the moment if I need to.
gowns and C+G work on top
The Thoughtful Man has moved my gowns and other random things back down. Look how straight and organised the gowns are!
That's because he has helped me work out a better plan for some of the packaging I keep for sending work off. They will be fine in the garage and I won't have them crammed in the bottom in between gowns etc!
garments needing work and my art quilts on top/bottom
And then this side has garments I want to upcyle or alter. So much better than mostly boxes ready to fall out when you open the door! and as the side these were in was not easy to access, I was not inclined to work on them! I will cull some for charity (where I got them!) and try to redeem some of the others.

So, you have to wait for the rest! I am aching already from all the moving of things yesterday. But the Thoughtful Man carried all the gowns, quilts, etc down from the guest room.
Oh, and did you notice that 2 dummies can hide beside the lift? !! And one with the dress I need to finish is behind the door near the computer.


For more Of what people like this week, the link is on LeeAnna’s blog.

6 comments:

LA Paylor said...

it looks tidy and functional hooray! It feels good to put in the work and reorganize a workspace. Moving a desk or supplies can perk up your whole way of working! Good stuff. New eyes, now newer space, will make you energized! LeeAnna

Jean said...

What a great looking studio! You sound super excited to get to work in it. Hope you have a great weekend.

PaintedThread said...

What great studio space. How long will it stay clean? LOL

Michele McLaughlin said...

It looks great! I love all the storage you have :) Have a wonderful week!!!

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

What is not to love about a redone work space!

Su-sieee! Mac said...

Nothing like reorganization to inspire creativity. I'm happy that I got my fabric scraps in bins by color now.