Sunday 8 January 2017

The beads are still going on...1-7

Week 1 - 2017

I showed the little fabric bits I was cutting last week.

Although I am working on a different daily project - very quick - I realised at the end of last year that I really did like stitching beads to the little fabric packets. And I had already purchased grey and brown fabrics for the project. The past 2 years I did a fabric packet of some shape. For 2015 using white fabric and 2016 using black fabric adding beads in the primary and secondary colours from the colour wheel. In between months I did other beaded projects. So, I have decided to 'complete my set' by doing the 6 main colours of the colour wheel in grey, then in brown on alternate months.

It took me some time to work out numbers, and then for grey I had planned more squares. But got the measurements a bit off when cutting. So, they are not quite square rectangular shapes. Ha! And as I had a smaller amount of the brown, they were planned to end up as fairly small rectangular fabric packets.
And so, those are my background stories.

no.1

no.2

no.3

no.4

no.5

no.6

no.7


The grey looks a bit blue with blue beads. It will be interesting to see what the other colours lend to the combination.

No comments: