So the African fabrics from here, are starting to become a piece of wearable art for SAQA Layered Voices call for entry.
One piece of fabric was a man's shirt with a collar. So, I took the collar off. Unpicked front from back because the inside of the collar was a lovely blue.
I turned them upside down and pinned them on Madame.
After some further adjustment, I stitched them together...by hand because I wanted to be sure to keep them fitting as they were on the dummy. I will machine stitch them onto a lining. Then hanging from the yoke I will make 'net' to create the dress!
Use your imagination.