Friday 24 June 2016

Preparation

So, I have been catching up with Sewing Bee shows and hand stitching the lace motifs down on 'Golden Grace'.

I have been filling out proposals for workshops at events this autumn and next spring.

And cutting out red flags for next weekend for the Bull sculpture at Engage! with Art at SHP. You can find out more about the event here.
I used an old waterproof jacket to cut the flags. They still need holes to string them up.
I have another which I am considering for another part for which I need a big piece. But I need to think whether to lose the reflective strips or not. I may need to cut and seam...not sure.

Also included on the website are links to the schedule of workshops and events happening.
I am doing a workshop each day. "Keeping Memories" - borrowing(with permission) Margaret Cooter's memory ball idea.
So, I have been starting off the memory balls. We are meant to have up to 10 in a workshop, so there are at least 10 to get a start. (I have extra of some of the smaller skeins.) Whether they want to do this 1 1/2 hours is another question! But I would like more than 10 people each day to take part, so we will see how it goes.

And I will use scraps left from the red flags for people to write their memories.
Still need to cut them in writing size bits, but the above is a practice at what pen would write on the fabric.

So, keeping too busy to sort photos!

No comments: