Sometime in November when I realised I desperately needed a break. I stopped working on the refugee piece. Part of it was dealing with the pattern on the fabric which I hadn't seen to be a scene until I took a photo. That was not in my idea in my head, so I nearly went off on a rabbit trail to do something with the scene.
Anyway, I passed the date for the first call for entry that had to do with refugees, or where a work about refugees would work. That was okay, needing said break. Also because the venue was a one off and really wanted large or installation type work...in another country. I knew I had pushed myself as far as I could cope and would never resolve design issues that would suit.
So. Fast forward. I have a better head on about this now. There are at least 3 possibilities this year. And as most are more of the size I am able to work, and as there are several repeats of the fabric. I have gone back to ignoring the scene for this piece. Phew!
So, that means I have been slaving away at the machine. Well, that was one thing that called a bit of halt... and prompted a rearrangement of my sewing/beading situation. The sewing machine at a lower position and not cluttered back and side area means it is so much easier to do intensive machine work. So, the slaving has not been so onerous this time.
And it is done!
At some point I also gave up on fretting about eyelashes at the turnings on the back. (because this was A. Lot. of. Machining. I was going too fast and out of synch.) I have instead embraced them and decided they are like brush strokes.
The whole point was to join the 2 pieces. The front doesn't show it and I have a Plan for making the brush strokes look less like poor machining.*
So, watch this space on the Plan side of things. but for now, I am going to work on the front side development and how in the world I am going to hang the work with the idea I have in my head. I still would like to have it double sided. But we will see.
*and also I am not entering it into a quilt police show.