Thursday, 10 May 2012

Waistcoat - 1

This was supposed to be posted yesterday, so I have reset the date. I am making something for the one yard wonder challenge on Pattern Review.

I made a short waistcoat of the emboidered fabric. I didn't use all of the 1 yard I had. I think the fabric gives the look of eyelet and I have been saving it in the stash for a long time. I don't remember who gave it to me. It was just a shade too much on the green side of turquoise for me.

Here is a photo in progress with the layers of silk that flutter a bit like a butterfly. I have also added some to the sleeves, making a little wider shoulder cap.

I decided that the scraps of silk organza which I dyed with Easter egg dyes were just the right thing to trim the front of the waistcoat and also bring a more blue turquoise near my face. It will be a way of smartening up a cool strappy top this summer...I hope.

No comments: