Thursday 14 March 2019

Thankful Thursday

I have taken some time out to try to catch up on some of the photos from the Thames Valley Contemporary Textiles January meeting.

I am so thankful for this group. We celebrated our 10th anniversary! and now Jo Saunders is taking on the role of co-ordinator. I will still be doing my favourite part which is booking speakers.

Look what the members did for me to say thank you!
A wonderful basket from the African Fabric Shop.
With a large plant and full of textile flowers members had made for me! Amazing.
Most of the flowers have a tag that has a message. Such lovely work! It is hard to say which would be a favourite. Sizes and shapes go from a wee tiny lily-of-the-valley (in the first photo near the bottom left) to huge flowers, one of which has bells in the centre! I am not going to list everything because I might forget someone. 😅

I left the flowers as they were for sometime, not wanting to spoil the look. But eventually I had to get the plant out to water it. So I took some photos with the hope of seeing each flower more clearly.
Please excuse the fuzzy photos. I was seeing double at the time and had to have faith in the camera.
 At the meeting some of the members arranged for us to have 'afternoon tea'. Very lovely tea sets and tea pots, plus yummy cakes to have along with our pack lunch! There were 3 party balloons proclaiming "10"!  I tied one to the basket handle for me and gave the other 2 to Merete Hawkins and Jane Glennie who helped me to start the group all those years ago. Although mine has become a bit shapeless, it is still staying up in the air.
And then another photo with the basket in front and the plant to the side. It was happy to get water, but had, seemingly, felt at home because it had new leaves trying to make their way to the light.

So, finally, I have been able to share with you a very big like!
If you want to see some of the other likes, go to Lee Anna's blog. Even her Poodle Milo talks about what life is like from his point of view!

7 comments:

irene macwilliam said...

What a lovely thank you. Knowing you you will enjoy and enjoy again and again for years to come the various components.

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Sandy! How very sweet and thoughtful of the members - and something that is long lasting. Plus it sounds like the living plant is adapting to its new environment and thriving, so another reminder of your friends. How great is that?!! ~smile~ Roseanne

Mary in Peoria Handmade said...

What a wonderful gift! You can enjoy all those special flowers for many years.
mary

Suzanne said...

The basket is lovely...thoughtful thank you gift!

PaintedThread said...

What a great basket. I love those flowers.

LA Paylor said...

that is way cool. The flowers are just a great gift from quilters!!! Blocks can get lost but these are done, waiting to be viewed! The basket is wonderful too, they knew what you'd like!

Jean said...

What a beautiful and thoughtful thank-you gift! Hope you are enjoying your weekend so far.