Thursday 21 March 2019

I like thankful Thursday

As you know, I like 'finding' things in various shapes. One comment compared it to cloud watching.
So, here is a duck who has gone splat on his face. Why? I don't know. He was under the table where I had my restoring cup of tea before leaving the Knitting and Stitching Show the other week.

I like my cheerful cyclamen in the front garden.

The posh cyclamen got a bit of a beating from the snow the other week, but it has recovered and there are even more flowers. Kind of a challenge to keep on no matter what gets dumped on you?

I like discoveries. These photos of fungi are from around a tree stump behind our back fence. (I won't go into the story of the wonderful tree becoming a stump. It still makes me cross.)

I was coming back from the shops and these caught my eye. Behind the back garden fence.

Then I saw all these.

And then I realised there was a wide variety of fungi there! I don't think I have ever seen a black mushroom.

or translucent ones? not so great a photo. They were rather hidden.

growing up the different root sections of the tree stump.

I have seen images of the brownish flat fungi in the photos above, but there were also green versions.

and little brown ones

steps for fairies?
And those type were also growing in a patch of dead leaves.

Interesting. The leaves are interwoven with the fungi.
It makes it look like there was a small stump in the upper left corner.
But I know there was no small tree growing. I look out my bedroom window at the back garden and the trees beyond the fence most mornings. I like checking out this stump when I go to and from the shops. Anyway! I kind of overdid it on the photos! But I do like making discoveries when I am out and about.

To see what others are posting that they like, go to Lee Anna's blog.

10 comments:

irene macwilliam said...

good view of one of your ramshackle quilt series on the video that Linda just posted in qgbi.... looks well

Michele McLaughlin said...

Great photos! You are way ahead of us on the spring cycle but we are gradually getting there! Your clycamen are lovely! Have a great week!

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Sandy! Never too many photos! I was chiding myself this week for not having any except for the little people. Yes, steps for the fairies certainly in that fungi. And so many different varieties in one place! Your cyclamen are just gorgeous. Oh to have some flowers already! But we do have bulbs peeking out a bit. ~smile~ Roseanne

Shannon said...

What a fabulous variety of fungus! We saw some dried up fungus on a tree last weekend and it looked almost like feathers. Really amazing what nature comes up with....

Jean said...

I don't think you overdid it with the photos at all! Enjoyed seeing them all from the duck who fell over to the different types of fungi. Love the idea of fairy steps :)

Suzanne said...

The variety of fungus is so interesting! I am definitely ready for Spring.

LA Paylor said...

I love what you notice... I'm like that too. We'd be pointing out stuff to each other if we walked together!
I watched Kathy Doughty on the quilt show, and she said she took a walk with Kaffe F. who pointed out all the patterns in nature to her.

LeeAnna

Su-sieee! Mac said...

The fungi are very grateful to that tree, no doubt. I ought to look around and see if there are any mushrooms growing in the yard. I used to go mushroom hunting with my parents when I was a teenager. I was their buckets carrier. :-)

Mary in Peoria Handmade said...

I love your photos and discoveries! Ah-cyclamen-so sweet.

PaintedThread said...

Excellent! We had a bumper crop of fungi here over the summer, I was amazed at all the different kinds. I like your selection. :-)