Thursday 28 March 2019

I like Thankful Thursday

To start with likes, this part is about a Post Rock.
We have a friend who has MS. She used to get out and about in her motorised wheelchair. She loves doing things for others, including writing notes. Such a precious lady to think of others when she had so much trouble herself. She used to ask me if she could get any shopping for me.😍
But she was unable to come up to our door to post a note into the letter box because there is a step.

So, we put out a Post Rock. She could reach down and put her little note under the rock so it couldn't blow away.
Often I would come out and discover the note. I do wish she somehow let me know she was there so I could go speak to her! But now Mr Thoughtful takes Holly to visit this lady instead. (Holly likes the biscuits (cookies) on offer for dogs that come visiting!

Actually, this is Post Rock 2. Someone pinched (stole) Post Rock 1. So, this Post Rock usually lives under the lavender there by the step. Our friend knew it was there, so she could use it and no one could take it.
This dear lady now is suffering from Alzheimer's, so she hasn't been around for sometime. But I leave the Post Rock there because it reminds me of her. That is why I took the photo. It seems like a little a face that makes the rock look mouse-like. She would love that!

As you know, I like seeing shapes and discovering what they look like. The same day I took the photo of the Post Rock, I saw this flint that looked like a mushroom.

It was in a section of rough paving for car parking.
When I looked at the full photo when I got home, I discovered there was a little animal skull-like flint near the mushroom.


Cool! What do you see when you are out and about.

And if you look back at other posts this week, you will see I finished the last quilt for the 70,273 Project. And no other photos, but I posted it yesterday. Hurrah! I like that it is no longer shouting at me from whatever pile I had moved it to. I like that I can at last move on to the next project, which I have already got a good start on!

To see what others are posting that they like, go to LeeAnna's blog. I love the little stories that she tells of her dog Milo.

5 comments:

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Sandy! Oh, I love the story about the Post Rock. I wish you would see a note from her just for old times sake. I can't believe someone pinches rock number one. Geez! Although I know a certain little one-year-old that would pick it up because he needed to inspect it. Thanks for sharing this fun post with us today. ~smile~ Roseanne

LA Paylor said...

Oh my heart is bursting from the post rock story. How wonderful. Back in the day, one could read that in Reader's Digest... remember the little heart felt stories there? What a connection between people.

I lol seeing the carpark stones... since we're watching Time Team I "assume" they are Roman! You've got the history there in Britain.
Happy weekend Sandy, wish we lived a bit closer

Jean said...

I'm sorry for your friend's Alzheimer's diagnosis. What a great story about the post rock and way to honor her. I can see both the mouse and the skull. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

PaintedThread said...

I like the post rock story. Neat flints, too.

Michele McLaughlin said...

Sweet story, I am sure your miss your friend's regular visits. I love rocks and stones, my husband doesn't get it :D Have a great week!