Thursday 21 February 2019

I like Thankful Thursday

Phewww! I really, really like that I can work on the computer without getting nauseous!
I have a collection of photos I have been holding back for I like Thursday. Being the type of post that wants several photos, I just wasn't managing to face the computer for them.
I like to resize my photos so it doesn't take up so much room in the random place where blogger stores them. And not so much data for viewers to download. But, so far, I haven't worked out how to do this on my phone. I take pretty much all of my photos on the phone now.

Besides that, I like that I can do a bit of word processing to get my posts just right, without going insane with the way that it is either Very small, or it jumps around on my phone when I try it. Tada! Lots of sorting done at a size I can manage!

So... for today.
When I went for my glasses the other day, I saw this lovely lady in Princess Square.

This week is half-term. In Bracknell town centre they have set up a Fantasy Fairy Trail. I don't know what else was involved, but I loved this lady sculpted in greenery. I didn't touch her, so I don't know if it was real shrubbery (isn't that a fun word?) or not. Either way, I think it is cool.

As you know, I like Amaryllis flowers. This one was given to me by a friend at Christmas.
It has been amazing. This is the 3rd flower shoot!

Since I missed posting after Valentines day, you can see them this week.
I like how Thoughtful the Thoughtful Man is...
Dark red roses... ✔️

Card and chocolates...✔️

heart-shaped microwave heating pad ✔️✔️ Hurrah! Great for the neck when it is causing a headache.

I like it when I 'see things' that are unexpected. Such as a face in the minute steak I cooked for our Valentines Day meal.

Meet the man in the meat!

As usual, check out more of the other likes from the links on LeeAnna's blog.

7 comments:

LA Paylor said...

the face in the steak! priceless! nice husband to show up with flowers and candy and a heating pad!!! The topiary could be, probably isn't but could be made with moss glued to a papiermache form, if one wanted a short cut. She's way cool. I like the idea of fairyland theme... show more if you run across them!

Mary in Peoria Handmade said...

I too use my phone for photos but edit them in Microsoft if necessary. What a talented gardner on that lady shrubbery. Nice Valentines present also!

Suzanne said...

The shrubbery statue is fun! I am still waiting for my Christmas bulb to bloom...it just keeps getting taller!

Sandy said...

Hi Everyone, Thanks for the comments!
The shrubbery was very real or real-like. The leaves were like box hedges.
Suzanne, sometimes they get really tall before they bloom. But when they do, it is worth it!
Sandy

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Sandy! How are you enjoying your new glasses? Everything going well with them, I sure hope. What an interesting sculpture of greenery in Princess Square! Such fabulous details. ~smile~ Roseanne

Michele McLaughlin said...

I love the topiary! Adore your flowers!!! :) Have a great day!

Su-sieee! Mac said...

The man in the meat, hahaha. I see faces in things, too. For the longest time, I thought everyone did. That's a cool green woman. It looks like she was formed from a shrub. Oh, happy day to you. :-)