Thursday 16 August 2018

I like Thankful Thursday

Thankful today that I am beginning to get back to normal after the Festival of Quilts.
Loving the writing slope my son gave me for my birthday. It is just right for my breakfast time studies.


a few likes from the show
on the end of the Quilt Sandwich stall

helps to work out if the extra wide is affordable. i.e. how much do you actually get and can you get away with less metre-age (you know, meters as opposed to yardage!).

Bought the book from the Fly Me to the Moon exhibition. Taking advantage of a discount and no postage!

179 quilts in the exhibition - one of them mine! They will be exhibited at NASA in the coming months.

And how wonderful to see Ramshackle Suburb in the Fine Art Quilt Masters gallery! No, it didn't win, but there were over 100 entries, and 23 were selected. So, that works. A lot of prestigious artists for company.

The lighting really lifted it. Amazingly different than seeing it here in my studio, only a short distance across the room.
Quite a few people said to me that they really liked my quilt. Even a few men. 😊

and I really liked - Very Impressed - with the way the Fine Art Quilts Masters work was dealt with for repackaging.

deliberation over the best way...where does this layer of acid-free paper go?
(The Quilt with brown and white on the wall to the left is the one that won.)

Clean and Tidy. Professional.

Cloth over the floor, latex gloves, 2 people to keep it rolled straight.

To see more like from others, check out LeeAnna's blog.

4 comments:

PaintedThread said...

How very cool to be in an exhibition! I like that extra wide chart - very handy.

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Sandy! Wow, that is quite a lot of care rolling up the quilt after the show. How nice and respectful they are! Happy Thursday! ~smile~ Roseanne

LA Paylor said...

your " ramshackle " quilt is terrific! I bet you're beat, after all the excitement of the show.

Michele McLaughlin said...

Congrats! I love your quilt and am so excited for you! Have a wonderful week!