Saturday 16 September 2017

Something on Saturday

Cow - 36

I have a few cards (blank inside) which are displayed in their plastic wrap in my kitchen. Art. But art I can afford. The plastic wrap means I can keep them from greasy steam.

Here is one of a cow, that I bought a very long time ago... I think in Abingdon.
Brown Cow - a reproduction of a batik by Jane Hickman *

I love the look of this cow! Hilarious. Wild-eyed like my (black with similar white patch) cow Jenny who always landed herself in trouble. And who my dad said was the only one who could have survived the trouble. Ha!

I remember being pulled around the whole property, it seemed, trying to get her to go where I wanted and not where she wanted. Usually hoping my dad would come rescue me. (He was trying to sleep because he was working midnights at the paper mill.)

*Cool! I found out you can still purchase this card from Jane at the link above. Looks like a rare exception amongst her many of flowers.

2 comments:

Linda M said...

What a great card and I love your story to go with it.

Gina said...

I have a couple of Jane Hickman batiks bought many years ago when they were still relatively cheap... but I've never seen her do animals before. The cow is great... full of personality x