Friday 1 September 2017

a few interesting pieces from 2017 Festival of Quilts - 5

Okay, I didn't manage to post this, though I had the photos ready to sort. I wanted to post it Friday.

I have been working pretty full on for some pieces which are to be in a book...which I am not to tell you about until I am allowed! So, trying to keep this going as well as keeping going on the project is not the easiest!
And after this one, I will be focusing on my entry for 7th European Triennial, which is also not to be shown until the show (if it gets in!)

But anyway...

A few more things of interest from the 3D and Wearable Art category called Quilts Creations.

Sisters by Jennie Callomon
I am not really a doll person. But I loved the use of fabrics for this pair.

This piece was truly a 'jewel' as stated in the title.
Hungarian Jewel - by the Hungarian Patchwork Guild.
The technique is Boutis and the motifs are of old ceramic tiles from the Transylvania area.
detail
This brochure from a previous exhibition shows how it looks when lit up.

This was an interesting gown...especially as it was displayed next to my piece Willows by the Watercourses with the dangling willow leaves.
Willows by the Watercourses

All Tied Up by Mary Ornish
   
and finally some different views of the brilliant Deck Chairs by the Tanglewood Textiles group.
no. 1-3
A Closer look at the second one and facing no.3
no.4+5 and a detail of no.5

a few close-ups of what was under and behind the chairs!

All of it made by this brilliant group who have won awards for humorous group quilts in the past.

No comments: