Monday 4 September 2017

Fabrics

On Friday last week I went to Bristol with my friend Pat, to the West Country Quilt and Textile show.
SAQA Made in Europe II was on show in one of the gallery spaces.

The show is a bit small, but it was lovely to see work from people who aren't on the Big Stage, so to speak, yet are producing great work.

I have a few photos, but the first and best thing is that I had time to stop and look at Val Bennett's stand - I generally only see her to wave or just to say a few words at the Festival of Quilts. This time my head was not so full of things and I was able to have a look through the hand-dyed fabrics they sell. Farne Designs I was just about fully out of the pieces I had from her in the past.
I love the fabrics as they have such a range of colour in one piece. The patterning is wonderful - I see all sorts of dragons and other stories in them!

Remember 'The Heat and the Flame' ? ...
the bright oranges are fabrics Val did especially for me.

No comments: