Tuesday 8 September 2015

the blouse

So, last night I got the blouse to the point where I had the collar, cuffs and button stand sorted. I did a bit of flat piping for accents.

I even got the button holes done, but they took a lot of try and try again, because the little flowers are a sort of plastic/rubbery screen print. Even Gutermann thread was shredding and breaking in spite of trying several different needles.

I had thought I might get it to the point where I could enter it into the first round of Pattern Review's Version of the Sewing Bee. But the Buttonholes were finished at 11 pm and though there were several hours til the entry deadline, I still needed to sew the buttons on and do the hem. And...do photos of the garment being worn and do a review. So, I decided to go to bed.

To be honest, I really need to focus on 2 deadlines, so I don't really have the time to take part. And phew, now I can breathe a sigh of relief. Why do I put this pressure on myself? Probably because I love sewing and enjoy doing it with others - online or in real time.

1 comment:

365 Dresses said...

It would have been fun seeing you on the show, but I agree---you don't need to pressure yourself unduly. Pretty blouse.