Friday 23 May 2014

what's on in here this week

This week I have been working on another piece about children's needs in 3rd world countries. I feel like it is going at a snails pace...partially because I am sooo tired lately.

Anyway, here is a sneak peek.

and something that I had to re-do.
I build each figure onto a piece of felt, the legs of which you saw in the first photo.
I changed my mind on the direction some of the children were facing. So, a matter of flipping the felt, but also flipping the freezer paper template for cutting the fabrics. I did alright with their clothing, but didn't realise I hadn't flipped the legs, arms and faces until I had cut them all out. So, that was another chunk of time gone.

If I get this done in time, I will enter it for SAQA Europe and Middle East Wide Horizons exhibition to be shown at Sainte-Marie-aux-Mines in France in the Autumn.

No comments: