Much joy to see the back of it on my part!
I don't know why I struggled with this. The alterations I had to do were simple, but the threads holding the beading were worn from being a shop model. This added to the complication that they had run the threads along for sometimes 3 or 4 inches under the surface of the lace with out a stop stitch. So, when a sequin had caught in the lace, the weight of the gown would pull the threads. Areas were puckered when she first brought it. and with all the pulling, something had to give! so the thread did ...
and then the sequins and beads slowly came unsewn. Being me, I couldn't just let broken threads hang off, completely unbeaded motifs remain amongst partially beaded ones. And the thought of it still shedding them as she went down the isle! I think I did major repairs on almost all the motifs!
Anyway, after a nap, I thought I would read a book. But my gown won out. And so I have spent a joyful afternoon sewing pearls on the gown (yes! for some reason it was totally different!)and listening to the cricket! And it was more like a summer day today, which probably helped.
I have already got halfway down the front as well!
I will be working on wedding gown no.2 next week. (My closest friend's daughter) My friend has been doing the unpicking, and there are no beads/sequins. Hurrah!
But somehow I think this one will be more joyful. I think I would rather (if I need to do alterations.) do them as a gift than even for reduced rates for friend's daughters.
But I think, judging from this, that I enjoy making my own designs and seeing them come together under my fingers.
Here is a photo of the lining at the point where all the seams come together in one spot.