Monday 25 November 2019

25 million stitches

I posted a few weeks ago about a hand stitching project I am taking part in called 25 million stitches,
A new public art engagement project that aims to raise awareness about the global refugee crisis. (it could quite easily be more, depending on the source, but that is the number they are going with.)


I have finished the first length of fabric, they call them panels.

Trying to show you closer with a video. Pardon any wobbles! I haven’t done much with closeup videos.
I like working with the variegated crochet cotton.
The circles are inspired by my hoop.😁 I don’t usually use a hoop, but this is one layer of fabric, so I knew the stitches would not stay flat if I didn’t use a hoop.
I have started another panel. I am working with a more colourful variegate crochet cotton now. I have a squarer hoop this time, but I’m going to have to work at it more if it is going to look good enough to do not quite squares all across the length.

1 comment:

irene macwilliam said...

excellent video Sandy. If you are using a squarish hoop how about going across diagonal and stitching triangles