Sunday 3 November 2019

24,000 - 28 October- 2 November

This work acknowledges 24,000 individuals - Indian Christians who were physically attacked in one year because of their faith.
I have stitched 80 beads each day for 300 days - 10 beads in each small square eight times.

Last week I showed the finish of main part of the project, the 300 days that were made of 10 beads in each square 8 x a day. Now I am working on some words to go round the star which will say a bit about the meaning. This will fill out the remaining 65 days of this year, since the bead project is daily for a year.

Here is a closeup. No, it isn’t very clear, but I kind of like the idea that the words take time to decipher.

I started lining up the words ‘one year’ at this section, starting from the bottom because It was easier to line up.

However, when I put it on the back of the settee to photograph I could see a better layout. So I took out the beads which started ‘one’ and have changed the position.

No comments: