Thursday 24 October 2019

This week’s project

Our church is collecting in shoe boxes, soon, for the Operation Christmas Child appeal. So I have been making some warm scarves for our boxes.

I had fleece left from workshops I did at the Birch Hill library, rediscovered in recent sorting.

These are for the girls

Layer two scarf size pieces and stitch ribbon and trims down the centre. Then cut from edge to the centre about 1in/2cm intervals to make the frilly edge. Be sure not to catch the ribbons in the centre.

And these are for the boys.

I didn’t think they would appreciate frilly scarves, though it is a bit of fun. So I remembered I had a scalloped edge rotary cutter blade. It was too hard to get the layers of fleece cut with a straight edge blade as it somehow ended up raggedy. But I wanted something to finish it nicely. And the scallops work well without being girly.

1 comment:

Michele McLaughlin said...

The kids will love the scarves, I think they are fabulous!