Sunday 20 October 2019

24,000 - 13-19 October

India-
Day 292- 23,360 people noted.
Each bead stands for 1 person.

I am nearing 300 days, which is when the 24,000 will be completed. I finished the last point of the star, but had 12 days remaining. What to do to make it up to the number and still complement the design? I did quite a few number calculations and finally came up with a plan and pattern.

Using metallic and rocaille beads, I am surrounding the smaller points of the star.

It is working to bring a bit of sparkle which compares with the larger points. I have used a different method of stitching to make a little upright shape. Not a loop and not a stack.

Basically when going back down into the centre of the sequin, I catch one of the beads on the middle of the pattern and the one at the bottom. It makes a bit of a squiggle.
This work acknowledges 24,000 individuals - Indian Christians who were physically attacked in one year because of their faith.

I am stitching 80 beads each day for 300 days - 10 beads in each small square eight times.

No comments: