Thursday 18 July 2019

So colourful

My friend Pat gave me this plant - in the begonia family I think. It flowers and flowers and flowers! The colour is wonderful. Even the bits left when the spent flowers have fallen off have an decorative look, so I leave them on til they dry up.

It has lived on the other crowded windowsill while I waited for the amaryllis leaves to dry up. They didn’t, so I have moved them outside. The instructions I found suggest that you can trim the dry leaves in August. You need the leaves to feed the bulbs til then. And after, let them become dormant till you are ready to wake them for winter.
Anyway! With the amaryllis leaves gone, the windowsill needed a new arrangement. Because the begonia was getting bigger and bigger, it was just the thing. And wow! It looks quite amazing there. It might need a different dish to sit in, because it is a bit unsteady in that one. We don’t need it falling in the dog dish and adding even more fear to her anxiety levels.

1 comment:

Michele McLaughlin said...

Beautiful plant and so many blooms! Have a great day!