Friday 9 December 2016

Willows by the Watercourses

What with one thing and another, I didn't get photos of the Willow I was making.

I left you saying I was about to do the water. Once I got going, I didn't have time to photograph the steps.
This is a detail of the part where it runs under the trunk of the tree.

Here is a close up of the willow leaves as they hang from the shoulder.

And a front and back view
 
Title: Willows by the Watercourses
The Statement:
Willow trees seek water so much so that their roots can break open pipes in following a leak. They are found to be plentiful along many streams and waterways. Ancient words of Isaiah the Prophet promised good for the children to come who would spring up as the willows do by these waterways.

“Water is poured for the thirsty.
Flowing and quenching dry ground.
Blessings are poured for your children
As water where willows are found.”
--Isaiah the Prophet

But I wonder if the waters the children of our world find available is the thirst quenching kind? Have we been careful to leave waters – real or symbolic – that is good for them? Or do they only have leaks to follow?

Quote is a poem I wrote adapting the words and thoughts from that prophecy of Isaiah.

There is plenty I would do if I had more time, but with travelling to York and back so much, that didn't happen. If it isn't accepted into the H2Oh! SAQA exhibition, I can add more for a future event.

1 comment:

Sarah Jacobs said...

I love the verse you used...This verse is in my youngest's reading for his bar-mitzvah. I used part of the verse on the Torah mantle I had made in my father's memory and another bit is on the neckband of my son's tallit. deeply evocative lines..I love how you brought the verse to life.