Friday 7 February 2020

Plaid dress finish!

This week has been a bit of upheaval because we had some windows replaced.
However, I did finish a project last week.
At the start of January, while I was still recovering from being poorly, I decided to start a winter dress from this pink plaid.  However, my brain wasn’t quite up to snuff. I must have had some idea of some interesting thing going on with a front opening, because I cut the back on the fold. And not remembering what the idea was, the front ended up with a seam.


😩 as hard as I tried, the lines would not match up on the front seam! So, what to do?
I wanted the fabric to be the focus, so I didn’t want lace or trim or even some sort of embroidery down the front. Then I remembered that the selvedge edge had a bit of fringe.
And so, I cobbled the two edges together and voila!

Still about the fabric, yet a slight textural interest if it is noticed. So a somewhat pinafore look winter dress.😁
And how interesting? It seems too big! But I hadn’t prewashed the fabric, so I will see what happens before I take it in. At least there is plenty of room for some layers underneath.
I want to make a plain dark teal dress like it, but I am dithering now because I am not sure I like the fit. Any thoughts?


No comments: