Saturday 8 December 2018

Something on Saturday

cow 100!

This is going to be the end of cows! Even if I find more.
I never expected to get past a year. But here we are at 100. Although you know there are more than 100 after seeing the posts from the last few weeks. I just am ready to be done!

I have a big cow quilt made for me by my Mom. She went with blues and pinks...some work better than others.

Here are a few of the cows on the quilt.








Of course, there are more variations.

and this is the label on the back.


The funny story of this is that when I opened the package with the quilt, I could not 'see' the cows. I could 'see' a T shape. I thought, "oh no, she has sent me the quilt meant for my brother Tom. What am I going to do?" 😳
Then I thought to look at the label to see if it was for him and if not, what 'T' would be connected with me?
Oh. Oh! "I love Cows". I turned over and had a better look. Then I saw the pieced cows. The 'T', being the head and horns/ears.
I did feel silly. 😅But I was glad I hadn't tried to ring her or something!

The Cow quilt.
The photos were taken in the summer when I had the quilt outside to dry from being washed. Some of the cows don't show up on this photo because of the sun, but you can imagine them.


click to enlarge
Maybe you can also imagine how I thought it was a T shape, rather than a cow's head? Especially when I hadn't fully unfolded it?
---------------------------
Thanks (at least) to Irene and LeeAnna for checking in to see the cows and their stories! This also includes those of you who keep quiet about it!😁🤗
I have another idea for Something on Saturdays. But will start them in the new year. So I probably will do a few random posts.

3 comments:

irene macwilliam said...

I am sorry you are ending your posts on cows as I thoroughly enjoyed them and looked forward to them.

Jean said...

I'll admit it took me a minute to see the cows so I'm glad you explained. Now I see them :)

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Love your cow quilt. I have been collecting fabric to make a chicken quilt.