Monday 27 January 2020

Amaryllis watch

A few weeks ago I showed some of my amaryllis plants in bloom.
These are what was in bloom last week.
The one on the left is Apple Blossom. The one on the right is white 🤣. Or at least that is what the box said, and is why I got it!🤪 obviously also Apple Blossom.
As you can see in the middle, another is about to open.
And so, this week...

 Double petals! And just a shade lighter than the Apple Blossom and is called Dancing Queen. The double blossom is beautiful.
Another Flower opening at the back seen in the next photo.


The Apple Blossom in the right back of the photo is about spent, but there was another flower stalk from that plant which is beginning to open today. Hard to photograph them altogether, but it is in the foreground.
If you look at the top photo, in the middle near the bottom is another flower pod. This is meant to be a double petal red flower. I don’t think it is going to grow taller, but will begin to open sometime soon.

None of the bulbs we saved from last year got flowers, only leaves. I may try them again, but I hope at least some from this year bloom again next year.
As I said before, I love these flowers. Beautiful and not smelly! So I can enjoy them without having to use my inhaler.😁

No comments: